Saturday 25 February 2012

Walking with my 15 months old

My 15 months old has just started walking, holding my finger. There is a retail shop about 1/2 K.M from our residence, where we go walking regularly. I walk with him at his pace. It is not right to say that he walks with me as it is me who matches steps and pace with him. It is amazing to enjoy every moment with him, when he asks to go for a walk by symbolically bringing his shoes and giving them to me. He keeps his small feet on the ground and walks like a penguin with hands spread on both the sides for balance. When we go out he holds my hand and I walk baby steps with him. When he walks he is tumbling and falling down at times, then gets up again and starts walking. He wants to touch the dogs on the way. He follows the animals - cows/dogs coming on the way.

                He is fascinated by the plants and flowers and touches the plants and the leaves and flowers. He again steps forward and again stops for another plant on the way and also tries to pluck the leaves/flowers.

                He sees everybody around on the way, passes his sweet smile even to strangers who smile back. But if somebody tries to touch him he cries a lot with as if he is a touch me not and does not want to be physically contacted. These walks will be memories etched in my mind for posterity and will give me smile in the future when I think of our time spent together.

1 comment: