Saturday 28 July 2012

Stitch Dear Tailor Stitch



Stitching is an art in itself. Tailors are artists in their own sense playing with the cloth, scissor and thread, ultimately converting a plain piece of cloth into lovely outfits. Now is the age of branded ready made apparels stitched in factories by machines. But still at times if you need some customization you need to go to a tailor. I got entangled in a web, caught in a loop in search of a tailor who could sew a divided skirt for school uniform for my daughter. I went to a tailor master with the cloth, gave instructions on what was the requirement and also measurements. He assured that the dress will be ready in 4 days. When I called to inquire on the progress as per the date given I was told that it will take 2 more days.

2 more days went by and again I called to check on the progress and the tailor made an excuse that he was out of town and would prepare the dress in 2 more days. After 2 days I decided to go the shop myself and check for myself what was going on. My daughter was very enthusiastic and accompanied me along. On reaching there we found that the cloth was cut in 2 but still not stitched into a dress. We took the cloth cut in 2 parts and went to another tailor. He assured a week's time to complete the task. One week went by and we had to take back the cloth as is un-stitched still and the promise of delivery again broken. 

                          Finally we found a tailor with the help of our gate keeper who completed the stitching of the dress and gave a lovely uniform.  This is an art form which is slowly dying and number of really skilled tailors is reducing. Still we need the tailors for some dresses which cannot be bought as is from the market.


No comments:

Post a Comment