Saturday 31 March 2012

Be the role model and model your kids to be happy.

When a baby is born he is a bundle of joy for the parents. Parents are happy to see their small replicas in their small babies. Baby grows and becomes a crawler and a toddler. Initial 2 to 3 years are spent with the parents. Parents are first school of the kids. They teach the kids all aspects of life. Learning begins at home, including how to behave with strangers and in the outside world. If there are siblings bigger than the kid, he socializes with them, plays and learns a lot from them. Small kids are very tender, soft like tender leaves of a plant. They are like soft clay, get moulded the way parents want. Imparting education knowledge is not a one moment thing it is a coninuous process.

                                            After 2-3 years kids start schooling. What kids are in the outside world, is the mirror reflection of their parents. Parents themselves are the reflection of their parents and teachers and this continues.

                   Initial years are building blocks of life they lay the foundation. This starts at home and should be the period which gives them the confidence for life. Parents give moral values to their kids and it is important for them to dedicate more time in the initial stages of a kid with them.

                         When the kid starts going to school, then all teachers teaching him become his role model. Whatever they teach, he will absorb and imbibe in his personality. Apart from the role of the parents role of teachers in the development of kids is also of utmost importance. He follows the parents and then a time comes when he follows the parents and the teachers.

Kids immate us. At home what parents do, kids also follow the same. If I watch TV, my kid will definitely do that. If I pray in the morning, my kid will obviously do. I would like to give an example - one morning I was cutting onion and tears were rolling down my cheeks. My elder daughter came and saw me and started sobbing. She said don't cry and hugged me. This was a new experience for me that my kids are following me innocently. So try to set a good example and act in a way that will make your kids better person. Try to make them self confident. Model yourself to be a good role model and your kids will make you happy eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment